In honor of spending several days playing tourist in San Diego, Michelle and I came up with a list of the ten reasons why being the youngest sister is awesome! I'll go first...
1. Everyone takes care of you. I mean everyone. All you have to do is bat some puppy dog eyes, pour out the sad voice, and me, Jessica, and even Jason (my husband) will jump to get you whatever you need.
I'm not so sure that's awesome. Everyone thinks they need to take care of me. I’m a big kid now! But I can give you number two...
2. You learn what NOT to do.
Oh really? I’m going to need some examples of this.
Let’s not hurt anyone’s feelings here. I’m just saying, I watch, I learn, and then I make a different decision!
3. Everyone buys you stuff. From cruises to clothes, youngest gets the presents and the oldest gets the bill! I did buy your plane ticket out here after all.
Yup, Yup. No complaints there. That part is pretty awesome.
On the topic of stuff...
4. I get all the hand-me-downs. This is both good and bad. While it’s awesome to get that sweater that no longer fits you...I am not your Goodwill people!
We are not even halfway through and now I’ve got nothing. I don’t know why it’s awesome to be the youngest, when everyone knows it’s best to be the oldest! So here's to number five!
5. The oldest is ALWAYS in charge!
Um no. That is not okay.
Come on Michelle, you know you follow my lead.
All I’ll say is please reference #2. Moving on.
Fine...I've got one.
6. One of the best perks of being youngest - is just that. You’re younger. For the rest of my life I will have a mirror image staring back at me of what I looked like ten years ago...before sagging body parts and wrinkles!
Yeah, but look at it from my side...so scary!!! Am I going to get those wrinkles too? Please tell me that will not be my butt!
So harsh. Which leads me to number seven...
7. The youngest can say whatever she wants and get away with it, because she’ll say it funny.
But I am funny! Hence number six.
Keep telling yourself that. On to my personal favorite...
8. The youngest never has to worry about her older siblings. She never worries who they’ll end up dating and possibly marrying. She never worries about where they’ll go to college, or if they’ll get a job when they graduate. She doesn’t even have to worry if they’ll be able to pay their bills.
Yeah right! The youngest is expected to be perfect! Again, please go back and reference #2.
I don't expect perfection, just do as I say and you won’t make mistakes! That leads me to number 9...
9. The youngest doesn't have to stress about all those hard decisions in life because the oldest does everything first. They get married first, go to college first, get boobs first...
Yeah, but mine grew in bigger.
Touche'. But I still cleared the path for you.
Keep telling yourself that. You obviously are suffering from a little oldest sister syndrome. This article isn’t about you! The post is ten reasons why it’s awesome to be the youngest!!! So let’s get to number ten...
10. The best reason why it’s great to be the youngest is easy --- I’m awesome!!!
I have nothing to add to that. I guess now I’m supposed to miss you as you head back to Alabama.
Yes. Yes you are.